At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Friday, June 29, 2012

I love you....now that I know you..

I made good on last month's goal.  I signed up for a 9 hour improv acting workshop taught almost entirely in Japanese (with some translation in English to help me) and I am about to sign up for a ton of workshops held during the Kijimuna Festival.  These workshops will be introductions to Kabuki, Noh, Kyogen and Japanese dance as well as an intensive workshop taught by Akira Hino.  I'm over the moon thrilled!   I've also just signed up to work as a volunteer staff member for the Kijimuna Festival.  The festival is an international youth theater festival held in Okinawa every summer.  Companies from around the world come here to perform and the line up of shows looks fantastic!

In other good news, I'll be back stateside August 4th for approximately 3 weeks, during which time I'll be in Tampa, Pittsburgh, NYC and South Florida (West Palm Beach and Miami).  Lots of things to do and lots of people to see.  I am really looking forward to being in America again.  I miss it.  This upcoming year will probably be my last one in Okinawa (and probably last one in Japan, but who knows...).  I really wanted to move to mainland this year, but I can't afford it right now.  But I'm keeping my options open...

Before I leave you, dear readers, I wanted to let you listen to one of my favorite bands:  Blonde Redhead.  The singer, Kazu Makino is from Japan, but the band is based in NYC.   The song isn't that happy, but I still love it anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment