At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lost (and Found) in Tokyo

Just a quick update.  I went to 東京 this weekend.  What a different city that is from 那覇.  Japan and Okinawa are worlds apart in so many ways.  I won't get into too many details about this trip as I need to sort through my thoughts about it.  I'll post something later this week.  What I do want to talk about is how happy I felt during and after the trip.  I really loved the city, though I don't think I could live there.  It didn't seduce me in any way, but I did really need the break from Okinawa.  After arriving back in Okinawa I remember thinking, "wow!  I was in Tokyo this morning.  I was walking in Yoyogi park and through Harajuku this morning and then later I was 35,000 feet in the air flying at approximately 500mph and now I'm sitting in 浮島ガデン店 having a glass of wine with a friend."  and then I thought "wow!  I love my life.  Isn't all of this is amazing!"  It might have been the wine talking, but I just felt overjoyed.  So yes, I think Tokyo was great for me.  I'll tell you more about it very soon.  Just you wait...  <3

Oh, I passed my JLPT and got a fairly high score, which surprised me since I hadn't expected it to be that high.  So I'm now working towards the N4.  I should have been diligently working towards this a year ago, but better late than never, ね?


No comments:

Post a Comment