At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Thursday, July 4, 2013

From Okinawa with Love (Vine Postcards for You)

I'm feeling at a loss for words right now. I injured myself over the weekend with a deep second degree sunburn (the irony being that I almost NEVER go to the beach and have never had a sunburn like this before in my life). The pain is excruciating, so writing coherent sentences this evening hasn't been easy. So instead of trying to make the post I've been working on somehow magically come together, I think I'll show you a project I've been working on instead. I've been making short videos on Vine about my life in Okinawa. They run in a loop, so they will play infinitely for you until you're bored with them. I am taking requests and making these mini-video postcards and will make a special video just for you if you leave a comment.

Here are a few. Enjoy!  



Kokusaidori at night. Naha, Okinawa.  


Tokashiki Island, part of the Kerama Islands (which are about an hour away via ferry).
A touristy taste of Okinawa. Kokusaidori, Naha, Okinawa.

Old-fashioned diners, Okinawan style. Naha, Okinawa.
The Arcades, Naha, Okinawa

A giant Shisa protecting a neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment