At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Saturday, September 14, 2013

忙しいですよ!

This past week has been incredibly stressful because I had more than one deadline basically on the same day.  One of the deadlines had to do with the Japan New Media Arts festival and the other with speech contest.  Luckily, I made it through the week without too many problems.  I finished piecing together and editing about 40 minutes of footage down into an 11:43 second dance film that I made and submitted to the above festival.  I'm daring enough to submit it to Dance on Camera at Lincoln Center as well, though I have a long shot with that since the camera is very low grade and the filming is a bit amateur.  I'm very happy with the dancers and direction of the performance itself though.  It was so much fun to explore and create this piece and we did it within a week (with only about 5-6 hours rehearsal and 2 hours filming).  The sound was created by a friend of mine who also lives in Okinawa and he's absolutely brilliant.  Our process somehow worked perfectly, even though he never saw the performance and didn't see the film either.  We just sat down and I told him what I wanted theoretically and he created a beautiful sound piece.


I was really lucky to have had the chance to work with so many talented people on this short project.   I hope we can all collaborate again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment