At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Monday, March 10, 2014

Kansai-Kanagawa Trip teaser...

About two weeks ago, I went on a whirlwind 5 day trip with an itinerary that took me from Osaka to Yokohama to Kyoto and back to Osaka.  There's so much to tell you about this wonderful, necessary trip to Honshu, but I haven't been able to catch my breath since my return.  Instead, I've been busy putting this together, as well as working on the treatment and scripts for my first web series (complete with an actor here whom I happen to know).  We'll see if that actually greenlights into something more than just a wish.

I've been anxiously waiting to hear back from the graduate writing program that I applied to, though my hopes have been diminished since I heard back from the theater arts program (at the same school) already.  I got a rather flowery, albeit touching, email from the director of the program that went out to everyone not on the shortlist.  That was the morning of Feb. 20th (already a day into my trip in mainland Japan).  I can't stop thinking about how wonderful Kansai was, and how happy I felt there.  I sometimes wonder if I wouldn't have been happier if I'd just moved directly to Osaka or Kyoto, instead of going on JET.  I love Okinawa, but it has taken me a long time to get situated and to be OK with the energy and slow pace here. 

Anyways, I'll post a more detailed trip log this week.  In the meantime, here's an awesome photo I took at the Umeda Sky Building in Osaka.  

Love,

アキ


No comments:

Post a Comment