At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Monday, October 22, 2012

On Writing

I'm in the process of editing a short horror film that I and a few others collectively made yesterday.  So, of course I'm here on the blog procrastinating a bit to tell you that it's Doris Lessing's birthday and to celebrate her birthday, here are a few quotes on writing.

In addition, I'm just about finished with this gargantuan screenplay I started last April on the issues in mainland Japan about Tohoku.  I'm not at all satisfied with it.  I think it needs to be redone completely from scratch and I'm thinking of using it as an outline for NaNoWriMo next month.  But I want to write about Okinawa, if I'm going to write about anyplace in Japan.  At least, I know what the landscape looks and feels like and what the people's hearts are like as well.  Taking such wild guesses about Tohoku has really given me such a headache.  I'm thinking of starting a Indiegogo or Kickstarter to fundraise for research.  I think it might be the only way to move forward with it completely.

Oh well, it's back to editing I go....I'll post a link to the film when it's done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment