At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Saturday, January 12, 2013

風があります。

I have the flu (or maybe the beginnings of it).   What a bummer to start off a potentially productive weekend with illness.  And then, on top of that, someone sent me this article and this article which depressed me.  I'm not happy right now.  Forgive me for the following rant. 

Don't get me wrong.  I see that there is mounting anti-US military sentiments from both the Okinawan people and activists in mainland Japan.  Everyone's got an agenda.  I don't want to get into a political quagmire on this blog about the US military because I think its size should be significantly reduced.   Most people, even those in the military who might disagree with my opinion, would agree that there are already too many bases on Okinawa and I'm sure they would be really upset to find out that Agent Orange was used near their children's schools or has tainted the Okinawan water supply.

When you see a power struggle such as this it's hard to look at the world through a child's eyes.  Sometimes I feel so naive in my optimism.  

I'm going back to bed.
Wake me up tomorrow when the world is fresh and new.  


No comments:

Post a Comment