At the edge of the horizon

At the edge of the horizon
At the edge of Japan

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Notes on a birthday (marginalia)

Every year around this time I make a long list of goals and wishes for myself.  I do not do this at New Years like most people do, I do this in September as it is my birthday month.  This year, I'll post some of the notes I've written down.  Some of it may not make sense or may be in fragments...like I said it's just for me, but I am willing to share it with you as well.

Material goods:  100% Argan oil, tulsi tea, interesting books (please send me suggestions or some in the mail), Sony Vegas Professional Editing Software, acupressure/acupuncture session/massage, new boots. 

Things to do: Finish older art/writing projects, start new ones, snorkeling, scuba diving, climbing Mt. Omoto, kayaking/traveling across Iriomote island, traveling around mainland Japan(<--- !!!Priority!!!), maybe Taiwan, Indonesia, Korea, China and Thailand.  Mongolia if I have the chance.  Learn Japanese to conversational fluency (and the ability to read at a functional level!), find opportunities to practice my German as well.  Return to Germany and England to visit friends there. Take it easy, enjoy things.   Maintain good health.  

Most important:  Respect, empathy, tolerance, happiness, joy, gratitude, appreciating my family and friends,  approaching others with an open heart and open mind, excitement/joie de vivre, genuine curiosity (genuine behavior in general) and kindness.  Graciousness.  Meeting and making new friends, retaining current friendships, rekindling older friendships.  Figuring my life out or not figuring my life out and enjoying it anyway.  Love.

Thank you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment